11 Aug 2013

Why should I?

Many of you probably heard questions like "Why can´t you be normal?" or like my grandma likes to ask: "Why can´t you be like everyone else?".  Somehow this type of questions always makes me smile and mostly I reply: "Why should I?"
And you know what? Nobody ever answered my question. Whenever I say that, suddenly is everybody quiet. Well, I´m not surprised by that, to be honest.
Some people really should start using that thing called brain they have in their heads. Everybody should have a choice (and of course not just in things like fashion, music or style) and everybody should be who he wants to be...and not who other people want him to be.
Why should I be like everyone else, when I don´t have to? And I don´t even want to?
http://imageproxy.jxs.cz/~nd06/jxs/cz~/346/508/bd86789f4c_94420866_o2.jpg
It was few days ago when a boy about my age (or should I say young man? :D) turned at me and from all of a sudden said: "Why are you like this? Why can´t you be normal?".
I was going to see a doctor so I was quite scared and even in hurry, so all that came out of me was just surprised: "How normal?" But I was thinking at the bus a little bit (at least I didn´t think about the doctor so much). He actually said, that I wasn´t normal. I don´t think there is some definition of "normal", and for example for me it´s totally normal to wear black clother, collar and chains. But really...so I´m not normal because the way I look, but his behaviour towards me is completely okay? I find it funny how some people think.
 http://imageproxy.jxs.cz/~nd03/jxs/cz~/600/610/4bb7639981_89021985_o2.jpg
When I was younger and  just started to dress this way, that kind of reactions hurt. My self-esteem was low, but I wanted to be myself and wear and do what I liked. 
I was always an outsider, so I already knew how words can hurt. But getting bad reactions at my new self was something different, mostly because I was happy that way, I felt better...and then there were some idiots calling me names and so.
It still didn´t make me to turn "normal". I started to learn not to give a fuck about what other people say. Especially the ones, who were (like) strangers to me. It was a hard way, but I´m more confident now and I found really good friends who like me the way I am. Some stupid reactions from people, who don´t even know me won´t get me on my knees.

Well, when you want to be yourself and not follow the mainstrem, you won´t escape the bad reactions. And you can´t stop people being intolerant (and stupid). You have to be confident in your skin (and clothes) and show them, that you are who you are - and you are happy that way. :)
http://nd03.jxs.cz/466/204/f44c899827_65796726_o2.jpg

10 comments:

  1. REASONS NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE TO AVOID WATER BAPTISM

    Here listed are non-Scriptural reasons to reject water baptism.

    1. Do not be baptism because it is an act of obedience and obedience is not essential to be saved.
    2. Do not be baptized because the thief on the cross was not baptized and he was saved.
    3. Do not be baptized because it is essential to join a denominational church, however, you can get into heaven without being baptized in water.
    4. Do not be baptized because baptism is a work of the law of Moses, and works cannot saved.
    5. Do not be baptized because being baptized by someone is working your way to heaven.
    6. Do not be baptized because your preacher said it was not essential in order to have sins forgiven.
    7. Do not be baptized because your creed book says you are saved the very minute you believe.
    8. Do not be baptized because certain men claim that Mark 16:16 should not be included in the Bible.
    9. Do not be baptized because some Bible commentaries state that men are baptized because they have already been saved.
    10. Do not be baptized because all of your friends and church members believe that baptism is not essential to the forgiveness of sins.
    11. Do not be baptized because it is simply a testimony faith, but is not necessary to be saved.
    12. Do not be baptized because God was not smart enough to have Acts 2:38 translated correctly. Baptized for the forgiveness of sins is wrong. It should be because your sins have already been forgiven. Do not be baptized because the Bible cannot be trusted.

    If baptism is not essential to salvation why would you want to get wet?

    BIBLICAL REASON TO BE BAPTIZED IN WATER

    1. Be baptized so your sin can be forgiven. (Acts 2:38)

    2. Be baptized so your sins can be washed away. (Acts 22:16)

    3. Be baptized so your trespasses can be forgiven. (Colossians 2:12-13)

    4. Be baptized in order to be saved. (Mark 16:16)

    5. Be baptized so you can walk in newness of life. (Romans 6:4)

    6. Be baptized so you can be freed from sin. (Romans 6:7)

    7. Be baptized so you can be saved. (1 Peter 3:31)

    8. Be baptized so you can have a clear conscience toward God. (1 Peter 3:21)

    9. Be baptized so you can be sanctified and cleansed. (Ephesians 5:26)

    10 Be baptized so you can be holy and without blemish. (Ephesian 5:27)

    11. Be baptized so you can put on Christ. (Galatians 3:27)

    12. Be baptized so you can enter the kingdom of God. (John 3:5)

    13 Be baptized to you can be saved and added to the Lord's church.(Acts 2:40-41) (Acts 2:47)


    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG. Google search>>>>steve finnell a christian view

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful with your own style, everybody is. never change that for some people. This i've learnt recently again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of us are here to live someone else's life for them. We can only live our own. If you are true to yourself and are comfortable being Goth, that's all that should matter. Don't let them make you feel badly; you're wonderful just as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower :)
    I think your entry brings up some very good points. I can't see a reason why anyone would be the exact copy of everyone else in this world. I find it kind of degrading, not standing up, being easily replaceable with anyone.
    Also, I can't see why we should adjust to be "normal" just because someone else is so selfish to ask us to change for them.
    Keep up doing what you want to do: the only important thing in life is that you feel good and comfortable with your own self. What anyone else thinks, it doesn't matter :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage!
    -- "Practical Magic"

    Which is to say, Alice Hoffman and I agree with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really glad that you've continued doing what you're doing even though people are telling you it's 'wrong'. It's just plain bullshit that people are doing that. In every great change in the world there were the idiots telling them to shut up and stop testing the worlds patients, but sometimes it's just necessary. :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normálních lidí na světě je spoustu, těch jedinečných už méně. Proč mít rád to, co každý jiný rád má:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you on this :3 Apparently it isn't normal when you wear whatever makes you feel comfortable, but it is normal to make people feel bad about it. You could really wonder about what path society has taken these days...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hii,
    This blog post is so relatable to me. I always got the question, "why do you wear so much black?" or " why do you have to look ugly?" by family. Now, it doesn't matter as I am psychologically in the "identity crisis" stage but I am more confident when I dress "weird" and feel odd in "normal" clothing.

    Keep dressing amazingly and having an awesome attitude :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...